return to home page

Dr. Alan Altman's Archives  


Dr. Alan Altman's Archives Q&A's
Name: cindy

I am 52 yeas old and haven't had a period for over a year. I am in very good health, had a physical lately. My problem is dry itchy vagina and loss of feeling in my clitorus. The loss of feeling started about 4 or 5 months ago, and now I have no sensation at all, although I still have orgasims. I have started HRT again, about 2 wks ago, no change. My libido is also very low as compared to what it used to be. Help.

First, get an Estring from your doctor, which can be placed in the vagina for three months and it will do wonder for lubrication and soreness. Second, it sounds like you should talk to your doctor about adding testosterone to your regimen such as Estratest or possibly testosterone cream to the clitoris. The feeling should come back, so don't lose hope. It just may take some time with the correct hormones. Chapters two and five in my book "Making Love the Way We Used To..Or Better" (see link below) might contain a lot of helpful information for you.

Dr. Alan Altman

Author of "Making Love the Way We Used To...Or Better."


The information provided by Dr. Altman is general in nature and should not be construed as a substitute for a visit to and examination by your own personal physician.

Back to Return to Doctor Warner's Page archives