return to home page

Ask Dr. Erika  


Ask Dr. Erika Q&A's
Name: alisa

My doctor recently told me I had mild osteopenia. He suggested I start on drugs. I am 54 and still having regular periods. Is there an alternative to drugs. I do take calcium Citrate and try to consume calcium products daily.I Work out with hand weights daily. What else should I be doing?

Dear Alisa:

Mild osteopenia doesn't really mean much. Do you have a family history of osteoporosis and fractures?

Sounds like you are doing fine otherwise, so you need to evaluate your true risk before you consider taking any medications.

If I can be of further help, please call my office at 914-747-8142.

Best wishes,

Dr. Erika

Author of The Hormone Solution

Return to Ask Dr. Erika's Archive