return to home page

Medical Doctor  


Medical Doctor Q&A's
Name: Charity

My doctor is sending me for hormone testing (FSH, LH, Estradiol)...I Am 33 years old but feel I may be in perimenopause, mom went into menopause at 40. Is there a certain time of month that is best to have these tests done? I would like to be tested when I feel I will get the most accurate results. Thanks!

You do not need a FSH or LH test as these will be of no help in evaluating your situation. You need to have estradiol and progesterone blood levels done at days 5, 15, 23, and 27 of your cycle. This will be most accurate.

Phillip Warner, M.D. (OB-GYN)
Power Surge Medical Consultant
To schedule a personal consultation,
call Dr. Warner at: 530.749.8511

Read more about natural, bio-identical hormones

* Read Dr. Warner's guest transcript

Information provided by Dr. Warner is general in nature and should not be construed as a substitute for a visit to and examination by your own personal physician.
Please read our disclaimer.

Return to Doctor Warner's Archive