return to home page

Pharmacy Expert  


Pharmacy Expert Q&A's
Name: Robin


Shall I have my gynocologist speak directly with you to order bioidentical hormones? Who does the dosing? Do you work together? I would like to switch to a subcutaneous tablet for progesterone to replace the Prochieve 4% vaginal insert twice weekly I am now using and am not sure what you would recommend. She prescribed 100mg progesterone cream twice daily when I asked for an alternative previously, which threw me way out of balance.



Dear Robin:

Yes, I would first recommend you call me at 1-800-728-0288 between 9 AM and 6 PM CST; I would first like to talk to you about what went wrong with the cream, and what you are trying to accomplish with the physician. I am not sure what "way out of balance" means to you? Then I will be happy to talk to the doctor directly, and she can call me or I can call her if you give me her phone #. It is not a subcutaneous tablet but a sublingual tablet- dissolve under the tongue.
do look forward to hearing from you soon.

Pete Hueseman, R.Ph., P.D.
10 years Power Surge Pharmaceutical Consultant
Ph. 1.800.728.0288 or 314.727.8787
Fax. 1.800.458.9182 or 314.727.2830
E.mail Pete Hueseman
Read more about Bioidentical Hormones
Bellevue Pharmacy Patient Empowerment Program
Read Pete's last guest transcript

Information provided by Pete Hueseman, R.Ph, PD, and the Bellevue Pharmacy Solutions staff of pharmacists is not intended as a substitute for a visit to and examination by your own personal health care practitioner.
Please read our disclaimer.

Return to Pharmacy Expert's Archive