return to home page

Bronwyn Fox's Archives  

Bronwyn Fox's Archived Answers

Ask Psychiatrist, Stuart Shipko, M.D.
About Anxiety, Panic Attacks, Stress-Related Issues
Bronwyn Fox
About Bronwyn Fox

Bronwyn Fox's Archived Questions

Q: My son experienced panic attacks and anxiety after his degree. Today he still feels pretty anxious - do you recommend him taking anti-depressants? he is seeing a therapist.

A: Hi Jacqui

The decision to use anti depressants is one that needs to be discussed by your son with his treating doctor/therapist.

Is the therapist your son is seeing a cognitive behavioural therapist ? If so, has your son spoken with the therapist about any difficulties he may be having in putting the cognitive techniques into practice ? CBT does take practice...and then some..but it is worth it !

If your son is not seeing a CBT therapist, then he may wish to consider seeing one. His doctor can refer him.

Kind Regards,

Bronwyn Fox

Power Surge Anxiety-Panic Expert

Founder of The Panic Anxiety Hub


Author of Power Over Panic: Freedom From Panic/Anxiety Related Disorders"

Read Bronwyn Fox's Latest Transcript(s)

View All Of Bronwyn Fox's Archived Answers

Search for Questions in Archive

Visit the Message Boards

Ask the Pharmacists / Ask The Revival Soy Doctor / Ask Gyn, Dr. Warner / Ask The Psychiatrist
Ask The Intimacy Doctor/ Ask The Weight Disorders Expert / Dear Dearest / All The Experts / Disclaimer / HOME